The fall season is here, and we having been LOVING beer, ever since Oktoberfest! I know, I know, what does beer have to do with soaping, skincare or beauty? The answer is, well: everything! When we said we were loving beer, we totally meant for our bodies (ahem, outside). It turns out that beer has many amazing benefits for our skin, hair, and nails (talk about multi purpose). We have put together a list of reasons you should be using beer, in your own beauty routine.
1. Beer grows hair: Beer contains biotin, selenium, and potassium - all good ingredients for hair growth, and also often found in hair growth supplements, shampoos and conditioners.
2. Beer gets rid of Dandruff: Beer rids dandruff by stimulating blood circulation to the scalp. It also balances the scalp’s PH, and dissolves dead skin.
3. Beer contains vitamins: Beer contains vitamins such as Niacin, Riboflavin, Pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, B12, and folate - most of which are B vitamins that nourish the hair follicles.
4. Beer has cleansing properties: Beer on the skin, just like on the scalp, dissolves dead skin, balances PH level, fades dark spots, cleanses the skin, and acts as an astringent, tightening the skin, and blurring out pores.
5. Beer can strengthen hair: Beer actually contains protein. Perhaps not enough to justify drinking it, but certainly enough to put on your hair, making it strong, and shiny. The sugars the beer contains also strengthens the hair cuticles, having the same effect.
6. Beer conditions hair: Beer contains silicon which seals moisture into the hair.
7. Beer gets rid of pimples: Beer contains a number of antioxidants that aid in the healing of the skin that rids the face and body of pimples, as well as antibacterial properties. Beer also contains yeast, which aids in balancing natural oil production.
8. Beer strengthens nails: The same ingredients that grow the beautiful long hair discussed in the first point, are the same ingredients that help grow, long, strong, beautiful nails!
See, we aren’t crazy! We’re not just looking for an excuse to have to have a lifestyle surrounded by beer. Now that you know some of the beer beauty benefits - will you incorporate it into your own routine? We have been working on some amazing ways to incorporate it into our soaps, so that we can help share the beauty benefits with all of you! Let us toast to that! But until then, if you choose to get started on your beer beauty journey, of course we recommend using organic, natural, beer for the most benefits. Thanks for reading. We hope we could help, and look out for our new beer soap - COMING SOON!